Restaurant and bar Tap House is expected to open in the Radian Apartments Aug. 1, according to Brian Harrington, founder of Public House Investments, which owns the restaurant.

He said he hopes it will be up and running before the bulk of the University community returns for the fall semester.

Penn's Facilities and Real Estate Services declined to comment because no lease has been signed, according to executive director of Real Estate Ed Datz.

Although plans are currently in the design stage, Harrington said he anticipates construction to begin around May 15.

Comprising approximately 12,500 square feet indoors and outdoors, Tap House's size "pretty much makes it the biggest thing at the University of Pennsylvania," said Harrington.

The restaurant will have 160 seats both inside and outside, and will be centered around a "state-of-the-art" 75-line draft system with European and American craft beers, Harrington said.

He said the menu will feature "wholesome" comfort food, including pastas, paninis, pizzas made in a wood-burning oven and other "moderately priced" entrees.

Capogiro Gelateria is also expected to open in the Radian in April. It will join retailers CVS Pharmacy, Chipotle and Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches, which opened earlier this year.

Related StoriesAfter delays, Capogiro set to open in April | Interactive feature - NewsSuccessful opening for Chipotle - NewsConvenience closer to home - NewsA campus moves forward - News