One small step for the Undergraduate Assembly has paved the way for greater campus beauty as the group passed its "Stair Beautification" proposal Sunday night.

The project, which aims to tackle unattractive stairwells and promote physical activity in Claire Fagin Hall and the high-rise college houses, was passed unanimously.

Preparations for the School of Nursing portion are underway, and the college house portion has received support from both Rodin and Harrison college houses.

Progress for the Fagin Hall stairs has received an "incredible response," especially in design submissions, reported Nursing senior Yana Sigal, the UA member heading the proposal.

College sophomore Alec Webley said the project has drawn funds from other sources and does not rely on UA funding.

The UA expects the Fagin Hall portion to receive funding from within the Nursing School. The source of funding for the college house project has not yet been determined, but group members cited college house resources as a potential source.

"We're using the UA body as a way to increase participation in this project," said Webley.

The UA also unanimously passed a proposal regarding Perelman Quadrangle event scheduling and room assignments.

The proposal aims to address and revise the current ranking system that determines which events get priority for space in the case of a conflict.

Citing the Vice Provost of University Life's last-minute relocation of the Nominations and Elections Committee during their Student Government night last year, the UA hopes to curb unfair reassignments by updating the current priority policy.

The proposal included amendments to include "critical University-wide events," such as religious services and Spring Fling events, into the document, said Webley.

These annual events will be given priority for both date and location in the new system.

The UA addressed several other issues at the meeting, including the contract with Ruckus, Penn Course Review and the creation of a social entrepreneurship concentration in Wharton.

The group plans to investigate Ruckus' recent halt in providing free content for students, despite the company's contract, which is technically still in effect.

The Academic Affairs committee also plans to investigate providing Penn Course Review information for visiting professors, who currently are not listed on the site.