The Division of Public Safety today confirmed that DNA recovered from Dominique Wilson, 23, of S. 51st Street, positively links him to both the sexual assaults at 44th and Spruce streets and 9th and Clinton streets.

Wilson was arrested in Lock Haven, Pa., last week on 36 criminal counts, 12 of which relate to an incident during which he allegedly held three students with a knife against their will and sexually assaulted two of them.

The latest incident occurred in an off-campus apartment in Lock Haven and included similar methods as those seen in the Philadelphia sexual assaults.

The suspect was already inside the apartment when the victims returned home, Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said.

She added that local police were able to zero in on the suspect as a result of a tip-off.

Wilson had been living in temporary accommodation in the area, Rush said.

She described the arrest as "a huge relief for all in the public safety community, and especially for the brave women involved."

She added that the two Penn students involved in the 44th and Spruce sexual assault on Dec. 19 had been "extremely resilient throughout this process," and expressed hope that this positive DNA match will help them in their healing process.

Wilson's charges include rape, robbery, burglary, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, criminal trespass, theft, receiving stolen property, access-device fraud, criminal attempt at access-device fraud, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, indecent assault, simple assault and terroristic threats, according the Lock Haven University Eagle Eye.