The armed home invasion and sexual assault involving two Penn graduate students over winter break has received close media attention.

But in addition to this incident, which occurred at the victims' residence on the 4400 block of Spruce Street on Dec. 19, University City also saw a number of other violent crimes over break.

On Jan. 6, Philadelphia Police responded to a male's report of abduction and robbery at gun point the previous day.

The complainant was walking on South 33rd Street near Market Street when an unknown male allegedly approached him from behind, according to the Philadelphia Police.

The assailant then grabbed his face and arm and forced him into a nearby vehicle, where a second unknown male was waiting.

The two males told the complainant he would be shot if he moved, and the vehicle left in an unknown direction, police said.

The complainant was picked up by an ambulance in Berwyn, Pa. the next day, where, according to police, he had been laying apparently unconscious at the side of a highway.

He claimed to have no recollection of what had happened to him between 12 p.m. on Jan. 5 and 4 p.m. on Jan. 6, and was missing his cell phone, wallet and jacket, police said.

The complainant showed no signs of assault and tested negative for narcotics.

In an unrelated incident on Jan. 7, three unknown suspects allegedly approached and demanded money from a 29-year old male unaffiliated with Penn at 30th and Chestnut streets at about 2:30 a.m., according to Division of Public Safety spokeswoman Stef Cella.

The complainant refused and the suspects fled in an unknown direction, she said.

An assault also occurred in the Penn Patrol Zone over winter break.

On Jan. 9, just after 9 p.m., Stacey Taylor, a 33-year old female unaffiliated with Penn, caused a disturbance on the 3800 block of Chestnut Street, Cella said.

After refusing to leave the area, the suspect, who lives at 6061 Callowhill St., allegedly assaulted a Philadelphia Police Officer during arrest and was charged with aggravated assault.