Student life and safety were the main topics on the agenda at Sunday night's Undergraduate Assembly meeting as the body tackled housing, printing, a student union and security improvements around campus.

- The Housing Committee announced it will soon put out a survey for students on academic support at the University.

Members of the committee are working to provide student housing brochures in various foreign languages in order to allow more parents to read them with greater ease.

The committee is also in discussions with University officials to offer students the chance to donate the monetary value of their leftover meals at the end of each semester.

- In following up with the recently passed Campus Printing Proposal, the Student Life Committee is working to allow students to bursar extra printing costs as well as to offer double-sided printing in Van Pelt Library.

- During Open Forum, College senior Jun Li commented on what she felt was a lack of a student union at the University. UA members discussed potential locations for a student union, including the Arch, which the University is currently planning to renovate over the next several years, Houston Hall and the basement of 1920 Commons.

- After much debate, members passed the Public Safety Proposal to increase student awareness and safety precautions on campus.

The proposal seeks to address the series of serious crimes and incidents that have recently occurred in and around campus.

It will encourage strengthening communication between DPS and undergraduate students through an annual Public Safety Town Hall and will enhance students' awareness of DPS through the distribution of physical safety brochures during NSO to the College Houses and through various publicity campaigns.

In addition, the proposal urges DPS to improve lighting and multiply the number of "blue phone" installations on parts of campus.

The proposal also includes a request for DPS and Penn Libraries to provide a free laptop lock service for students in Van Pelt and other libraries.