A Penn Police officer shot and killed a man accused of shooting a disc jockey inside a local strip club at 38th and Chestnut streets early this morning.

Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said two Penn police officers on routine patrol were flagged down by a group of people outside Club Wizzards shortly after midnight.

They told police that there was a man inside who either had a gun or was in the process of getting a gun and that he was threatening an employee of the club, Rush said at a morning press conference.

Upon entering the club, the officers heard gunshots, and the suspect turned toward the police.

Rush said that police warned the suspect several times to drop his weapon, and one police officer shot the man twice. He was pronounced dead at the scene and his name was not released this morning.

The DJ who was shot remains in "very critical" condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Rush said.

Police also arrested two individuals who they believe were connected with the incident as they fled to their vehicles, Rush said. Their names have also not yet been released.

No weapons were found on the two suspects, but investigations of the vehicles are continuing.

The city's Department of Licenses and Inspections issued a temporary cease operations order on Club Wizzards this morning as a result of the incident, declaring the club a "public nuisance."

The club will remain closed until an appeal is made.

This incident marks the second second shooting in the last month at that intersection.

On Oct. 28, a Philadelphia Police officer was shot during a gun battle outside the Koko Bongo nightclub, which is located across the street.

The suspect, who allegedly brandished a gun at police officers, was also killed by police in that incident.