The rest of the Indianapolis Colts may be gearing up to head to Disney World, but Peyton Manning is coming to Penn instead.

In a press release issued today, the Connaissance Committee of the Social Planning and Events Committee announced that Manning, this year's Super Bowl MVP, will be the annual spring speaker.

Manning will speak on Tuesday, March 27th at 7:00 p.m. in Irvine Auditorium.

According to the press release, he will speak about "his experiences as an athlete and the charity work that he has done through his PeyBack Foundation," a charity organization that reaches out to disadvantaged youth.

In addition to being named MVP after the Colts won Super Bowl XLI, Manning has made seven Pro Bowl appearances.

"We could not imagine a more timely and unique speaker than Peyton Manning," said College senior Mindy Sprung, who serves as co-chairwoman of the Connaissance committee.

"He is unmatched in athletic prowess and is a leader both on the field and off, serving as an excellent role model for both members of his community and the youth who watch him each week," she added.

As an athlete, Manning is an unusual choice and would thus be remarking on an "entirely different set of experiences," said College senior and SPEC Connaissance co-chairman Gregg Geffen.

Despite Manning's widespread popularity, Geffen said he did not anticipate any security problems at the event, which is only open to PennCard holders.

Tickets will be available for $5 via lottery on the SPEC Web site starting today, and sales will last through 11 p.m. on March 16. A maximum of two tickets will be distributed to lottery winners between March 19 and 21.

Each year, Connaissance, which sponsors major speakers throughout the year, hosts one keynote speaker each semester.

Henry Kissinger spoke last semester, and other past speakers include Bob Costas and Martin Sheen.