Updating undergrads Undergraduate Assembly Chairwoman Rachel Fersh, a College senior, talks about the progress the UA has made at last night's State of the School address. See page 4 [Faatima QureshiThe Daily Pennsylvanian]

According to Class of 2008 President Puneet Singh, the state of the school is "damn good."

More than 100 undergraduates convened at College Hall to hear updates from nine student-government leaders in this semester's "State of the School" address yesterday evening.

The student leaders all recapped their organization's accomplishments this semester, as well as their plans.

Undergraduate Assembly Chairwoman and College senior Rachel Fersh introduced the UA as the "hottest body on campus."

"We've made progress on every single goal we've laid out" for this semester, Fersh said. She listed increasing the UA's accountability, organizing a music subscription service and improving University recycling as some of the projects the body has tackled this semester.

Most groups' representatives mainly talked about their successes and rarely spoke of anything negative.

"We've never had the privilege to grant more money to more groups than we do today," Student Activities Council Chairman and College senior Phil Gommels said, referring to the fact that the group's budget has been increasing. "In short, SAC has never been better."

Class of 2006 President Pierre Gooding said that senior class events "have had an average attendance of over 400 seniors, and good times have been had."

Other speakers included the freshman, sophomore and junior class presidents and the leaders of the Student Committee on Undergraduate Education and the Nominations and Elections Committee.

Fersh said that the event was "phenomenal. Far more students showed up than in the past two years."

However, some attendees felt that the event would benefit from better student attendance.

"It would be neat if there could be a better attendance," Wharton freshman Ted Keller said. "Maybe more of a forum-type event would be more effective."

Still, College senior and UA Executive Vice Chairman Zach Rosenblum said that he thought the event was a good way to get information out to the student body.

"This is a great opportunity for students to learn what's going on," Rosenblum said. "People don't usually associate a lot of what goes on on this campus with student government."