[Ian Zuckerman/The Daily Pennsylvanian] The interior of the Moravian Food Court at 3401 Walnut Street is gutted to make way for the mid-October reopening of the food court as well as a CVS. New eatery options include Taco Bell, KFC and Quizno's.

With revamped on-campus eateries and the arrival of national fast-food chains, Penn students will have a range of new options when deciding where to eat this fall.

The Moravian Cafes will be reopening in mid-October and will feature Taco Bell, KFC, Quiznos, Gourmet Ice Cream and Yogurt and Famous Famiglia Pizza.

The food court -- located at 3401 Walnut St. -- has been under construction since last fall.

New meal-plan friendly options will soon be coming to campus as well. A full-service Starbucks will open in mid-October on the middle floor of 1920 Commons and will accept Dining Dollars.

Aramark representative Jennifer Brennan said the company is working to respond to student requests.

"If the campus is really interested in national chains, we try to get those in," she said. "We did a lot of research over the past year." Aramark is a private company to which the University outsources the operation of its on-campus dining facilities.

For students seeking something different from big-name brands, Tony Luke's Old Philly Style Sandwiches will be replacing the Triangle Diner at 3716 Spruce St.

Tony Luke's is a local, Philadelphia-based chain. This "was [a] reason for bringing Tony Luke's into Penn," Aramark spokeswoman Julie Camardo said. "There was a strong [student] interest in local brands."

Like the Triangle Diner before it, Tony Luke's will accept the meal plan's Dining Dollars.

While many students are excited for the arrival of the well-known sandwich shop -- which has locations throughout Philadelphia, including in Citizens Bank Park -- some will miss the Triangle Diner, as well.

"I feel like it's a good thing to have more dining options on campus," Wharton sophomore Cameron Coles said. "But Triangle Diner was so popular. ‹¨« I think the University could have kept Tri Di and put in Tony Luke's somewhere else."

While Cole is sure that he will miss the Triangle Diner, he also thinks that "it will be great to have somewhere new to eat on campus."

Co-owner Tony Luke is looking forward to the new location.

"We are very, very happy to be a part of [the Penn] family," Luke said. "If the students are excited to have us there, we are as excited to be there."

Luke, his father, Tony Luke Sr., and his brother, Nicky Luke, own the restaurant chain.

Aramark representatives are optimistic that Tony Luke's will succeed on campus.

"More than half of the [survey] respondents said they would eat at Tony Luke's more than once a week," Camardo said.

New options will be available in Houston Market as well. Savory -- a gourmet sandwich shop -- will open in Ciao's current location. Savory will feature specialty sandwiches using bread from the local Metropolitan Bakery, located near 40th and Walnut streets.

"A lot of these sandwich ideas came from us eating out," Brennan said.

Ciao will be moving in next to the sushi area of the market and will add whole-wheat pasta to its menu.

"We didn't take anything away, we just made it better," Camardo said.

Houston Market will also feature an expanded Express selection, with Mediterranean options from local vendor Bitar's, and the addition of national chain Boston Market. Dining Dollars can be used at all Houston Market establishments.