A sign for MexiCali appears in the former Campus Restaurant building. The food truck owner would not comment on moving to the indoor location.[Ian Zuckerman/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

The neon sign on the window tells the whole story. The owner, however, will not.

According to a sign posted in a window of the former Campus Restaurant space at 4001 Sansom St., local food truck MexiCali will be opening a permanent location. The food vendor currently operates two campus trucks, located at the intersections of 38th and Walnut and 36th and Spruce streets.

When asked to comment, the man who identified himself as the owner of MexiCali refused to speak about the upcoming move.

"This is absurdity," he said.

When later approached at the Sansom location, while unloading supplies, he remained ambiguous about the nature of his business there.

"I might be unpacking boxes ... [but] maybe I'll be making tortillas," the owner said.

However, a MexiCali employee, who was operating the food truck at 38th and Walnut, confirmed the opening of a new permanent location.

Facilities and Real Estate Services spokesman Tony Sorrentino was unaware of the upcoming move, noting that the property is not part of Penn's commercial portfolio.

"That is not our property," he said.