Finally, the Penn softball team has something to write home about.

After a largely disappointing season in which the Quakers went 10-27-1, they rounded out the season in style, winning their last matchup against Drexel, 3-2.

The Quakers had split last weekend's doubleheaders against Harvard and Dartmouth, beating the Crimson twice while falling to the Big Green.

On Saturday, the Quakers took on Harvard at home, where they swept the doubleheader, 6-4 and 4-2. Penn not only picked up its first Ivy League doubleheader win of the season, but also broke a five-game losing steak when the team downed Harvard.

"The game against Harvard was great," Penn junior Nicki Borgstadt said. "It was the first time in six years that we beat Harvard, so the fact that we won two games was really huge."

The Quakers were in top form, as they managed to earn six runs in the first game, which is the highest total they have managed since a March 27 win over Lafayette.

Sophomore left fielder Zahya Hantz was able to throw out three runners on their way to third while senior pitcher Rebecca Ranta played particularly well and allowed only four hits throughout the game from the mound.

"Becky had shoulder surgery last summer," Borgstadt said. "And so for her to be able to come back and pitch and play as well as she did this season is amazing."

After a satisfying win on Saturday, the Quakers went into their Sunday doubleheader against Dartmouth looking for a pair of wins. Unfortunately for the Quakers, Penn walked away with two losses and finished up Ivy League play with a record of 3-11.

"Dartmouth, unfortunately, was disappointing," Borgstadt said. "We came out really excited and pretty confident after Harvard, and I don't know exactly what happened. But we just couldn't put it all together. It was just really frustrating."

In their first game against the Big Green, the Quakers played competitively and were able to hold off Dartmouth until the sixth inning, when Carly Haggard blasted the only home run of the game to give her team a 5-2 lead. The Big Green retained that lead until the end of the game.

However, in the second game, Dartmouth pummeled Penn, 8-1.

However, the Quakers pulled out a win in the last game of the season against Drexel. Penn earned the win, edging by Drexel, 3-2, in eight innings.

"It was good to finish the season with a win and for the seniors to finish their careers with a win," Penn senior Danielle Landolt said.

"I think that the girls should be excited for next year. Although our record didn't show it, we have a lot of talent on this team. If they stick with it and keep working, they'll keep improving."