In the second robbery near 42nd Street in less than a week, a woman affiliated with the University was allegedly robbed Saturday night on the 4200 block of Locust Street and injured in a knife attack.

According to police reports, at around 10 p.m. on Saturday, the woman was approached from behind by an African-American male who attempted to take her purse.

When she resisted, the perpetrator allegedly cut her right hand with a knife and managed to take the purse.

The contents of the purse were not reported.

The complainant was later taken by police to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where she was treated for a minor laceration on her right hand.

The woman described the alleged assailant as 5'7" tall, weighing 140 pounds, of thin build, with a dark brown complexion and wearing dark clothing.

There is no word yet as to whether this case has any connection to an alleged robbery on the 100 block of 42nd Street on Sept. 3, as University Police officials were unavailable for comment last night.

In that incident, an African-American man, 5'7" tall and weighing 150 pounds, allegedly robbed two female University students from behind and fled away in a car with stolen tags.

The last robbery on or around campus involving an injury to the victim occurred on March 7.

In that incident, a female University graduate student reported that a man attempted to take her bicycle and cut one of her hands in the process.

The victim refused medical treatment.