For senior Adam Solow and junior Scott Solow, Philadelphia is literally the City of Brotherly Love. Between them, the two brothers have earned three high school All-American honors, and in Lower Merion (Pa.) High School's record book, both of their names sit at the top of the all-time points list. And they are both continuing a on-and-off-the-field tradition. Their father, Dr. Steve Solow, played lacrosse during his undergraduate years at Penn. "It was with a lot of pride that Susan and I sent them both to Penn," Dr. Solow said. "It's a tremendously exciting experience for our family to be able to watch them play on the same field that I played on in college." But that's about as far as the resemblance goes for the Solows. Scott's first love was always lacrosse -- he picked up a ball in fourth grade and hasn't put it down since. "Since my dad played, I decided to give it a try and I really enjoyed playing," Scott said. Adam, on the other hand, picked up lacrosse only after giving up baseball. "I started playing lacrosse when I was a freshman in high school. Baseball had always been my first love, but my high school had a terrible baseball team while the lacrosse team was always going to the playoffs. I wanted to be part of that," Adam said. Adam initially decided to play lacrosse at Dartmouth and led the Big Green in total points scored in the two seasons he was in Hanover, N.H. Scott opted for his parents' alma mater, and after a year, was joined by Adam, who decided to transfer to Penn. "There were no glaring reasons that I left Dartmouth for Penn. I have some great memories of Hanover, [but] it just wasn't the right place for me," Adam said. "It's been fun playing with Scott." And as a result, instead of the older brother helping out the younger at a new school, it was the exact opposite, with Scott helping Adam to adjust to life at Penn. "Adam had to give up a lot to come to Penn," Dr. Solow said. "He went from a rural to an urban campus, and he had to assimilate into a new team, which was not easy. Scott definitely helped to ease the transition." Although the team initially linked the brothers together, the two now have distinct roles on the team, both on the field and in the locker room. "He first came in and we knew him as Scotty's brother," Penn senior Todd Minerley said. "But after we got to know him, he definitely had his own identity." And to everyone that knows both Adam and Scott, they are clearly two very unique personalities. "They are as different as you can imagine," their father said. "I call them fire and ice. Adam is really outgoing, and has a real people-personality. Scott has this outer cool. He's more introspective and quieter, but he definitely has that inner fire that drives him out on the field." "They are very different people even though they're brothers," Penn coach Marc Van Arsdale said. "Adam is much more feisty and lets his emotions come out more while Scott is more laid back. "But they are both extremely effective on the field." Though the potential for sibling rivalry is certainly there for the Solows, they would much work together than try to compete with each other out on the lacrosse field. "On the field, we're definitely supportive of each other," Scott said. "One of the best memories from high school is all of the wins we had together, and being able to bask in that success with him." Even their coach recognizes the brotherly love. "There really isn't much rivalry at all," van Arsdale said. "They're each other's best supporters. Scott is as excited as anybody when Adam does well, and the feeling is mutual." And even if there are any competitive drives, the Solows realize that it will ultimately make them both better athletes. "I strived to be better than him and he pulled me through and made me a better player," Scott said. "Our dad always tells us that we should try to be the best that we can be at whatever we do."