The Penn men's and women's track teams traveled to New Jersey this weekend for the Princeton New Year's Invitational and once again walked away with a sense of assuredness going into the season. Sam Burley won the 1,000 meter event and Tuan Wreh captured the long jump crown for the Quakers men. Senior Bassey Adjah put in a strong showing for the women with a third-place 300-meter finish, a second-place showing in the 55-meter hurdles, and a 19' 3/4" inch jump to win the long jump. Freshman Caroline Rebello won the women's pole vault with an 11' 1 3/4" mark. This great showing was no surprise to fellow vaulter Ami Desai. "She's that good," Desai said. "I think she's gonna help us a lot." In addition to the strong women's vaulting performance, the Red and Blue also placed high in the men's 4x400 and the women's triple jump, with Jenn Thompson leading the way with a 38' 2" jump. Though there was no individualized or team scoring at the meet, both the men and the women put together strong performances that are sure to send a message to the rest of the Ivy League. "This wasn't a huge meet," Princeton high jumper Becca Desman said. "But we saw what Penn can do, and we're fired up about the dual meet we have in February." -- Nick Barnhorst