After five years in Penn's Athletic Communications office, Carla Shultzberg will be running the show at Weightman Hall this year. Shultzberg has taken over the reins of the department from Shaun May, who left over the summer to become the director of public relations for the Women's United Soccer Association. "I'm very excited," Shultzberg said. "I feel I've worked really hard to get where I am, and I'm excited that other people are now believing that I can do the job, which is good." Shultzberg, a 1995 graduate of Michigan State, served as an intern in the office for two years and has been the associate director of Athletic Communications for the last three. Her responsibilities have included serving as the media contact for Penn's volleyball, women's basketball, women's lacrosse and baseball teams. As head of the office, Shultzberg will continue to be the media contact for volleyball but will switch in the winter from women's to men's basketball. Her added responsibilities include overseeing the Athletic Communications staff. "I think that some of it is old hat," Shultzberg said. "Obviously Penn is not new to me, but being the spokesperson for the department and making more of the decisions is going to be mine.