The percentage of voters in student government elections may top 30 percent this year. Though normally considered an apathetic student body, Penn students this year are stepping out of that stereotype and into voting booths -- electronic ones, at least. And the heart of this remedy for voter apathy may simply be the implementation of an innovative technology platform that all students know: Penn InTouch. While Undergraduate Assembly elections will continue until Wednesday night, the Nominations and Elections Committee reported last night that 1,550 students -- 20 percent of eligible student voters -- have cast ballots. That number is already higher than last year, when a total of about 17 percent of eligible students voted. "Penn InTouch is intuitive to use. There have been no problems with it," NEC Vice Chairwoman of Elections Teresa Lee said. She attributed the increase in voters to the accessibility of the platform. While Lee said that turnout "leveled off" over the weekend -- with only a 5 percent increase total over the two days -- she said she is optimistic because of the dramatic increase of about 5 percent a day in voters during the first two days of polling last week. Lee said she expects overall turnout to be higher than in past years, predicting it could be as high as 30 percent. This figure would even top the 25 percent voter turnout two years ago when a controversial referendum on UA funding for fraternity events accompanied the usual ballots. NEC Chairwoman Christine Naselaris also agreed that turnouts were good, and added that she hoped for a higher voter turnout this year. "Turnout definitely seems better. People seem to know what is going on," the College senior said. She said another reason for higher turnout this year is the number of competitive races -- citing the Wharton race for the UA and some class board races. Though the movement toward online voting began last year, when students were able to vote on NEC's Web site, various problems prohibited many students from utilizing the new tool. The old online system required students to access their ballots using their PennNet ID and password, which many students could not recall. Furthermore, students with advanced standing due to an unusually heavy courseload or advanced placement credits were also unable to access ballots. Results of the elections will be announced on Thursday night at the NEC's often contentious Fair Practices Code hearing. Charges of violations against candidates will be heard at the hearing and will be immediately followed by election results. The meeting -- known to last from several minutes to several hours -- is open to the public.