Penn women's squash coach Demer Holleran and junior fencer Cliff Bayer are competing at the Pan American Games in Winnipeg, Canada, this summer. The Pan American Games started July 23, but Holleran and Bayer will not begin their competition until next week. Holleran will represent the United States in the squash singles and team events starting on Sunday at the Winnipeg Winter Club. She earned silver medals in both events four years ago. Now in her eighth season at the helm for the Quakers, Holleran has led Penn to four consecutive third-place finishes in the Women's Intercollegiate Squash Racquets Association. The Princeton graduate earned All-American honors four consecutive years with the Tigers, leading them to a national championship in her senior season. Bayer will begin competition in the individual and team men's foil events on Tuesday at Maples Complex. A 1996 Olympian, Bayer was named Male Athlete of the Month for May by the United States Olympic Committee after earning the first-ever U.S. medal in a senior men's foil World Cup. The Pan American Games, which conclude on August 8, feature more than 5,000 athletes from 42 countries in the Western Hemisphere. The 1999 version will be the third-largest multi-sport event ever held in North America, behind only the 1984 and 1996 Summer Olympics, which were held in Los Angeles and Atlanta, respectively.