Penn's Mandy West led the team with 26 points, including two three-pointers to help send the game into overtime. The Penn women's basketball team apparently learned a valuable lesson from Temple in last Saturday's game. They were taught how to come from behind and win. Penn was the victim against Temple, but yesterday at St. Francis the Quakers (1-3) displayed their second half heroics. Penn was able to erase a 19-point deficit in under 16 minutes of play to force an overtime. Its momentum carried into the overtime session, giving the Quakers their first win of the season by the score of 70-64. Diana Caramanico led the Quakers in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-14 shooting from both the field and the free throw line. But co-captain Mandy West was the spark down the stretch. She poured in 26 points, including five three-pointers. Before this outburst, though, the Terriers owned the entire first half. Six and a half minutes into the game, St. Francis had a 14-3 lead which grew to a 15-point margin by halftime. Penn coach Julie Soriero made a few key adjustments at halftime in an attempt to get Penn back into the game. Most importantly, Soriero told her team to front the post instead of standing behind the player posting-up. The adjustments didn't translate into immediate success, however, as St. Francis increased its lead to 47-28 with only 15:49 remaining. Afterwards, Penn called a timeout and never looked back. The Red and Blue went on a 13-0 run thanks to eight free throws, a Caramanico jumper and a West three-pointer. "We played more together as a team," sophomore guard Liz Alexander said. "We knew where everyone was on the court." This awareness on the court was critical for Penn's success against the Temple-like trap used by St. Francis. Penn showed a lack of poise against Temple's trap, causing them to blow an 18-point lead. "Essentially, we didn't get flustered [this time]," Caramanico said. "We had confidence because we practiced it." The Quakers' confidence and aggressiveness enabled them to stage the comeback. With under two minutes left to play, Penn still trailed by six, but another West trey and a Jessica Allen basket cut the deficit to one. With 51 ticks left on the clock, the Terriers' Erin Siemer hit two free throws to give St. Francis a 60-57 lead. West drained another three to tie the game at 60 apiece and ultimately force overtime. "I knew we had momentum [going into overtime]," Soriero said. "We have a young team, and I wasn't sure if we could pull it off, but my team proved a lot to me." Penn took its first lead of the game on an Erin Ladley free throw that made the score 63-62 -- a lead Penn would never relinquish. The Quakers put the game out of reach when Caramanico sunk two free throws with 22 seconds left to increase their lead to four. "Diana has been a steady player and our stalwart all year," Soriero said. "She came up big for us today." Caramanico played consistently throughout the game. She had 16 points in the first half, eight in the second half and three in the overtime. In contrasting style, West, the only other Quaker to score in the double digits, had a more lopsided contribution. West was 1-of-8 from the floor for two points in the first half. But, she added 24 points the rest of the way, including seven free throws in seven attempts. West is now 26-of-28 on the season from the charity stripe. Almost as remarkable for Penn was its rebounding. The Quakers accumulated 42 rebounds, including 20 on the offensive glass alone. The Terriers' game was highlighted by the play of guard Trisha Guli. With 16 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, Guli recorded the first triple-double of her career. Despite Guli's performance, the Quakers were able to defeat the press and stage a comeback for their well-deserved first win of the season. "If we learn something from every game, we'll be ready for Ivy League competition," Soriero said. "Today we learned to never give up."