The incumbent mayThe incumbent mayreturn to Washington,The incumbent mayreturn to Washington,but absentee ballotsThe incumbent mayreturn to Washington,but absentee ballotscould change the result. Michael Brus Crooning "On the Way to Cape May," the Philadelphia Phillies' organist competed with an Abe Lincoln look-alike for the attention of a restless, but confident crowd gathered to support incumbent Jon Fox (R-13th District) in his bid for reelection to the House of Representatives. Fox, surrounded by a thinned crowd of enthusiastic supporters, seemed to have won a second term by a 10-vote margin at approximately 1:30 this morning. But absentee ballots may alter the result after officials tabulate them on Friday. "As we predicted the entire night, we have more votes than [Democratic candidate Joseph] Hoeffel and a recount is not going to change that," said Fox aide Brian Miles. "We have declared victory and rescinding is not an option." The tight race did not hinder the festivities, with genteel social drinking dominating the affair. But nearing the close of the evening, many Fox supporters began to boo President Clinton as he appeared on the two large-screen televisions to declare victory. "It seems as if the U.S. is going to once again have a bi-partisan government," Fox said. "And we will have to work to make this a healthy situation." He admitted that his campaign -- which was criticized for its negative attacks -- did not encourage voter participation. But overall, voting in the district doubled, according to Del Rotelle, local election chairperson. Fox spent the majority of the evening mingling with his supporters, who reside in one of the wealthiest districts in the nation. Many attendees included young people who had first become acquainted with Fox when he spoke at their schools. "To tell you the truth, I hadn't heard of Fox until two weeks ago," said Fox volunteer Ben Kallemyn, a freshman at Valley Forge Military College. Fox visited the private all-male college while recruiting for student aid. The celebration was attended by young supporters of all ages, some from collegiate Young Republican clubs and others escorted by their parents. Fox said the varied crowd represented his commitment to education, adding that he is concerned about involving young people in "every aspect" of government. "One of my goals for the upcoming year is to make a student congress -- using students from Penn -- to come and assist me at the Capitol," Fox said. "This is the only way to make our country stronger." Also in attendance were many personal friends of Fox, including Nora Berlinger of Blue Bell, Pa., who first met the representative 30 years ago, thanks to her high school's Young Republican club. She said since then, her family has been "dyed in the wool" Republicans. Her husband, 1964 Penn graduate Richard Berlinger, said although he likes Fox, he didn't like the evening's beverage selection. "He's got to get a better brand of beer -- good God," Berlinger said. Crooning "On the Way to Cape May," the Philadelphia Phillies' organist competed with an Abe Lincoln look-alike for the attention of a restless, but confident crowd gathered to support incumbent Jon Fox (R-13th District) in his bid for reelection to the House of Representatives. Fox, surrounded by a thinned crowd of enthusiastic supporters, seemed to have won a second term by a 10-vote margin at approximately 1:30 this morning. Crooning "On the Way to Cape May," the Philadelphia Phillies' organist competed with an Abe Lincoln look-alike for the attention of a restless, but confident crowd gathered to support incumbent Jon Fox (R-13th District) in his bid for reelection to the House of Representatives. Fox, surrounded by a thinned crowd of enthusiastic supporters, seemed to have won a second term by a 10-vote margin at approximately 1:30 this morning.