and Doree Shafrir Penn's "Magic Number" has come up -- and it has De La Soul written all over it. The popular hip-hop outfit will perform November 2 in Irvine Auditorium as part of Homecoming Weekend festivities, according to College senior Ian Corbin. Corbin is president of the Special Events Committee to Represent Undergraduate Minorities, which is sponsoring the concert. De La Soul cracked the Billboard Top 20 with this summer's Stakes is High. The group was formed by three high school friends from Amityville, N.Y., in 1988. Quickly signed to the Tommy Boy label, they released 3 Feet High and Rising six months later to critical and commercial success. The homecoming concert will also include up-and-coming hip-hop acts Foxy Brown and Kid Capri. The show, which begins at 8 p.m., will come in the midst of De La Soul's fall tour, which included a stop at the Trocadero in Center City earlier this week. Tickets for the show are $15 for students and $20 for the general public. Corbin said tickets will be sold on Locust Walk all week and are also available at the Annenberg Center ticket office. According to Corbin, SPEC-trum focuses on developing University-sponsored cultural events. "The aim is to bring diversity and quality entertainment to students," he said. SPEC-trum already sponsored four events this year and has several lined up for the spring semester, according to Corbin. One of 10 committees within the Social Planning and Events Committee, SPEC-trum's membership has greatly increased this year, Corbin added. "SPEC-trum has been establishing a very good tradition to bring quality acts to Penn," SPEC President and College senior Melissa Muniz said. SPEC-trum also sponsors the annual Penn Relays concert, which last year brought the Fugees to the University.