Three plans continueThree plans continueto be prompt debate Student government leaders continue to debate the individual merits of three proposed reforms to the Undergraduate Assembly constitution, as elections begin today at four locations across campus. Referendum A would replace the UA with the Student Committee on Undergraduate Life. SCUL would have fewer elected members, while adding members from various student groups. The plan would also divide University Council seats among the elected members of SCUL and the representatives of the student groups, who will serve as advisors to the elected body. Referendum B would replace the UA with a student body president and vice president. It would give Council seats to the president, vice president and officers of other student government bodies, while putting the remaining seats up for popular election. Outgoing UA Chairperson Lance Rogers, who last month dubbed referendum B "the dictator plan," said last night that his feelings of disapproval have not changed. "The author of the plan contends that it is structured after the federal government's executive branch," the College senior explained. "What they fail to realize is that student government needs depth and diversity, not dictators. This plan provides for two to fill in where 33 usually do -- that in itself is a joke." College senior Eric Tienou, who submitted Referendum B and an amendment to the current constitution also on the ballot, responded to Rogers' allegations last night by explaining that his plan would fix current problems with the UA. "Right now, the UA with 33 is not adequately representing students," Tienou said. "We want to have a system where everyone elected is involved. Here the president has to go to other parts of student government." Tienou also praised his plan for giving groups the opportunity to run for positions on Council. He concluded by explaining that student government needs to downsize. Rogers said he fears that SCUL's holding of private meetings would interfere with the right of students to become involved in their government. Wharton senior and UA Vice Chairperson Gil Beverly, one of Referendum A's authors, explained that while Referendum A gives SCUL the right to hold closed work meeting, it in no way requires meetings to be closed. Beverly also said that the plan's requirement for heads of student government to hold monthly public meetings will gives students the opportunity to voice their views.