Kelly's career night not enough to earn Quakers' first victory The Penn women's basketball team -- sparked by the hot touch of sophomore guard Colleen Kelly -- came back from a 13-point halftime deficit and even took a two-point lead with 2 minutes, 33 seconds remaining last night against Delaware. However, the Quakers eventually succumbed, 65-60, leaving Penn (0-12) still seeking its first win of the season. "It was the closest game we had all year, definitely exciting," said Kelly, whose impressive stats -- 19 points, six steals, six assists, and five rebounds -- understated her value to the Quakers in this game. The sophomore point guard scored 17 of those 19 points in the second half, which should comfort coach Julie Soriero, who moved Kelly to the point with Erica McCauley's departure from the team. With Penn down 39-34 early in the second half, Kelly -- on consecutive plays -- twice intercepted Blue Hens' passes and then drove the length of the court for breakaway lay-ups. That put Penn within one point of Delaware with 10:30 left, and suddenly it was a game again. "We psyched ourselves up at halftime," Kelly said. "We said that we can beat this team, and there was no reason that we should be losing. We came into this game definitely looking for our first win." Kelly continued to give the Quakers a chance at that elusive first win. After Blue Hen Shanda Piggott hit three of four down the charity stripe after being fouled by Penn forward Renata Zappala on consecutive possessions, Kelly countered with a three. Then another one. The Quakers suddenly had their first lead in the game at 44-42. Kelly conceded that she usually attempts a lot of three-pointers, but "they don't usually go in that much." And Penn's guard had not finished her long-distance show. She hit two more clutch three-pointers-- the last one knotting the score at 57 with 2:53 left. But the Blue Hens -- led by their star guard Keisha McFadgion -- outscored Penn 8-3 in the final three minutes. Despite the heroic efforts of Kelly, Penn had lost its twelfth lost in its first 12 games. Kelly appeared visibly tired at the end. "It was frustrating because we had it and we lost it," Kelly said. "But I'd rather it be like this when everybody gave 110 percent." For Colleen Kelly, make that 120 percent.