The University climbed to 11th place in the U.S. News and World Report rankings during September, tying with the University of Chicago. Penn had placed 12th last year and was rated above two Ivy League schools for the first time ever this year -- Cornell and Columbia universities. Penn also landed in the national spotlight in the "Women of the Ivy League" spread in Playboy magazine. A medical student and a College student were featured in the magazine. The rest of the month was not as glamorous for Penn students or faculty. Controversy was raised because students allegedly discriminated against black walking escorts. Penn Walk officials said one student hid instead of walking with two black escorts. And a Drexel student was charged with ethnic intimidation for harassing Indian students in their apartment in March. Gregory Rosenbaum was sentenced with 250 hours of community service and a $476 fine. The student committee responsible for approving the new judicial code refused to support a draft submitted to the public by Provost Stanley Chodorow because they said it put students' rights second to the University's. The draft prevented students charged under it from being represented by an attorney while they were questioned by a lawyer representing the University. The Penn-In-Touch Internet service that provided students with their personal University records was shut down two weeks after it was started because Netscape, the University's supported web-browser program, announced a potential security leak in its encryption system. Penn-In-Touch was restarted at the end of October. And mail problems continued to plague the Quadrangle. Seventy-six opened letters and packages were found opened upon arrival in the Quad mail room. U.S. Postal Inspectors said they were investigating in order to find the perpetrators. In sports, the Quaker men's basketball team suffered a setback before the season even began. After much confusion and wavering, much-heralded Indiana University transfer Rob Hodgson moved into High Rise East, moved out of High Rise East and then moved to Rutgers University.