Owner claims he has done 'everything by the books.' and Amy Lipman Philadelphia Police threw the book at Campus Text yesterday afternoon. According to Campus Text owner Doug Levy, the Licenses and Inspections Department shut his business down and confiscated one of his trucks at around noon yesterday for approximately four hours. Levy, a College and Wharton 1995 graduate, said the officers complained he was blocking traffic, both on the sidewalk and on 38th Street behind The Bookstore. But Levy maintained that his company "does everything by the books," and that officials have been looking for excuses to shut him down since his debut on campus three semesters ago under the name Penn Text. At that time, the University threatened to sue for the usage of the name "Penn," forcing Levy to change the name of his business to Campus Text. Levy said he believes he is being directly targeted by the University because he is posing a threat to The Book Store. "They hate us," he said. "They are losing lots of revenue. They are on the prowl, out to get us." Earlier this week, Levy set up at a second location in front of the Quadrangle in order to cater to freshmen. On Tuesday, University Police forced him to shut down because he did not have the proper permits. But Levy said he had all the necessary licenses -- in addition to permission from Residential Living. College senior Mike Nadel, who has been working for Levy since the business opened, said this is a case of the police "selectively enforcing the law." "There may be rules to stop people from selling [in front of the Quad]," he said. "But they don't have to go out of their way to stop students who are providing a service to other students." Despite these setbacks, Levy said his business is experiencing its most successful semester yet, having already sold thousands of textbooks. Nadel said Campus Text will be open for business today behind The Book Store. Because of the success of Campus Text, Levy said he plans to expand his business nationwide.