For three years, Jerome Allen and Matt Maloney have worked together in Penn's backcourt to impress college basketball viewers across the nation. For the last few weeks, they have been working independently to impress National Basketball Association scouts and team representatives. The time has arrived for Maloney and Allen to prove they can play at the next level. Each has attended one national scouting combine this month and each has been invited to the largest NBA-sanctioned draft camp, held the first week of June in Chicago. The 1995 NBA draft will be held June 28 in Toronto. The consensus seems to be that both Penn seniors have showed themselves well thus far. Two weeks ago, Maloney participated in the Portsmouth Invitational in New Hampshire. The combine consisted of 64 players, who were divided into eight teams to play scrimmages. "From my way of thinking, he played well at Portsmouth," Penn coach Fran Dunphy said. "Some scouts were impressed with what they saw of his defensive ability, where his lateral quickness had been a concern before. He also impressed with his ability to get in the lane and make plays." Jeff Weltman, a scout for the Los Angeles Clippers, saw Maloney first hand at Portsmouth. "I think he'll be drafted and he's got a shot to play in this league," Weltman said. Allen has made positive impressions on several clubs. According to Dunphy, Chicago, San Antonio and Charlotte are particularly interested and have already interviewed Allen. Several more clubs may do so in Chicago, where every NBA head coach will be present. "He could go anywhere from late first round on," Weltman said of Allen. "It only takes one team to like a guy and there are a lot of teams who like him."