An Allied Security guard assigned to a walking patrol of central campus was found sleep-walking on Locust Walk early yesterday morning, according to University Police Commissioner John Kuprevich. "This is not the level of service we expect," he said. "It was one thing when they quit early and refused to walk in the rain, but this is totally unacceptable." The Daily Pennsylvanian was tipped off to the report by University Police Corporal Ken Rafter, a regular DP source who wished to remain anonymous. Rafter forwarded copies of confidential electronic mail from Kuprevich's personal computer. It is unclear if the incident will call into question Allied's contract with Residential Living. The sleep-walking guard accidentally bumped into Residential Living Director Gigi Simeone with his outstretched arms, according to the Police report, which was later deleted. When contacted, Simeone said she would not comment about Allied. She also said that she would not comment on other issues, including: all the fires that have occurred in the basement of the Quadrangle from highly flammable dryer lint, the flood in the Quad caused by a failure to clear the clogged pipes and the white-card system where students only get service if they are the children of members of the University's Board of Trustees and the Residential Maintenance workers who play cards all day. But in several high-level private e-mail correspondences between Simeone and Kuprevich, Simeone said that "we just need to fire Allied. "The service provided doesn't compare to that of our internal workers," she said. "The Res. Living day workers have been cited for only 100 violations this year, I hear Allied may have had more." Assistant Dean in Residence Jane Rogers said that she does not care if Residential Living keeps Allied or goes back to McGinn Security Services. "Listen, we're only here to keep these freshman animals from destroying the place," she said. "Programming, educational environment -- that stuff's a joke." Rogers is the dean of the Butcher-Speakman/Class of '28 section of the Quad, which has had the most security breaches this year. BS-'28 is also the area with the concrete floors and nasty green tiling that looks like a psycho ward. Allied site facilitator Bernard Urquhart declined to comment. Staff Writers Mark Watson and Andrew Downing contributed to this story.