It was not yet 7 a.m. Friday, but it certainly looked like it would be a good morning. The sun was shining brightly overhead, and about 100 students were already streaming down Locust Walk, wearing red and blue Penn sweatshirts along with sleepy smiles as they anticipated 15 seconds of nationally-televised fame. Outside the Sweeten Alumni Center, Good Morning America weatherman Spencer Christian couldn't stand still -- and his excitement was contagious. Hopping, skipping and jumping around the Walk in hopes of warding off the early-morning chill, even clicking his heels at one point, Christian repeatedly rehearsed the opening sequence for his segment of the show, reciting tidbits of the University's history to a closed camera lens. "There's nothing like planned spontaneity," he quipped five minutes before airtime, provoking knowing laughter from those who had gathered for the live broadcast and had been strategically positioned by Audience Coordinator Liz Marino. Christian welcomed the nationwide viewing audience with a shot of students milling around in front of the Castle, and then proceeded to the steps of the Fisher Fine Arts Library, where he interviewed University President Judith Rodin. The crowd cheered enthusiastically when Christian introduced Rodin as the Ivy League's first female president, and became even more boisterous when Christian asked how the University compares to Harvard, Yale and Princeton Universities, schools often regarded as "the best of the best." "Nobody told us," Rodin said, referring to Christian's assessment. "Penn is one of the greatest, and we'll hold our own with anyone." Christian then walked to College Green, where, flanked by a statue of Benjamin Franklin, he talked with History Professor Michael Zuckerman about the University's founder. Zuckerman told Christian that Franklin was a Renaissance man and classical liberal who would have been "wiped out" in last Tuesday's elections. Most Philadelphia residents, however, did not see Zuckerman's interview, because he was featured at 7:25 a.m. -- when local ABC affiliate WPVI-Channel 6 normally breaks away from the show for news and weather. Zuckerman said his preemption "revealed the place of history in the pecking order of things," but added that he had a good time on the show and would not hesitate to appear on television again. Christian's second weather segment originated inside the Fine Arts Library. Network personnel and students then traveled to the "Ben on a Bench" statue at 37th Street and Locust Walk, where Christian interviewed Quaker football co-captain Michael "Pup" Turner and Harvard Crimson football captain Ed Kinney. Following Christian's third weather segment, shot in front of the Kappa Sigma fraternity house, students approached him for autographs and information about breaking into the television business. He said he was most surprised by the "casual attitude" that seemed to prevail on campus. College sophomore Paige Greene, who had been traipsing around campus with Christian since the start of the show, said she was having a great time, despite the windy weather. "We're learning a lot about behind the scenes, what goes on," added College sophomore Jennifer Rubinacci. Christian then balanced on a student's bicycle in the middle of the Walk, poised to violate the University's bike ban as he waited for his next cue. Before the weather map came up, students crowded around him, waving to the folks at home. As he passed in front of the camera, Sam Rivera -- a Wharton senior and president of El Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztl