The Provost Search Committee is ready to get down to business, now that Yale Provost Judith Rodin has been announced as the presidential nominee. Provost Search Committee Chairperson Andrew Postlewaite said the group had been waiting to consult with the new president before proceeding seriously with the search. "We've been collecting information about possible candidates, but we weren't able to proceed without a president," he said. "I'm glad to see the [president search] is finished, so that we can move on with our job." A new provost could be named as soon as February, said Postlewaite, chairperson of the Economics Department. He said the committee will look at Rodin's personality and the qualifications she thinks a provost should have and try to come up with the best match. "We want to know what kind of relationship she wants with the provost," Postlewaite said. "Different people have different office philosophies. We hope to talk with her soon and ask her what kind of characteristics she wants in a provost." Once the search committee consults with Rodin, it will look to narrow the list of candidates. Then, he said, the committee will submit a list of five or so final candidates to the new president. Rodin will then interview them and pick her choice, which must be approved by the University's Board of Trustees afterward. Postlewaite said although the University may have a new provost as soon as February, the search committee has no specific deadline. "We hope to have the search completed sometime early in the spring semester," he said. "We really don't have a particular date ready. We'll probably have a better idea once we talk with Judith Rodin."