For many students, the term "class boards" brings to mind images of drunken carousing at screamers or smiling campaigns on Locust Walk. Junior Class Boards Community Service Chairperson Manny Citron is trying to change that. "A lot of people see class boards as just screamer organizers," he said. "But we're trying to get students more involved in the community, too." The junior class' official charity is the People's Emergency Center, which offers homeless women and their children food and housing in its 39th Street and Spring Garden complex. People checking into the center are also provided with day care, job placement services and G.E.D. courses. Citron said the junior class will be sending eight to 10 students twice a week to play with children while mothers participate in group therapy sessions. He added that community service should "definitely" be a factor when the Undergraduate Assembly decides next semester whether to continue funding the fledgling class boards. "It's going to be a factor, but we're not doing it just so they think we're nice guys," he said. "We're doing this because as a class we're fragmented and this brings us closer together." Class boards were established last year and received joint funding for one year from the UA and the Office of Student Life. The UA will vote next spring on the fate of class boards. "I think what they did was above and beyond what anyone expected them to do," said Scott Sher, UA vice chairperson. "If they continue to have successful events like the Tiger Death Fest there is no reason why they shouldn't get re-authorized for next year." Sher added, however, that there is "no consensus" among UA members about class boards and they won't begin drawing conclusions next spring. But Citron said he has doubts about whether class boards are getting a fair shake from the UA. "It seems like we haven't been given a fair shot," he said. "I think there's still room to sway them, but it's almost as if we were guilty until proven innocent." UA Chairperson Seth Hamalian disagrees, saying that, for the most part, the UA is being open-minded. "A majority of people have been keeping an open mind," he said. "There will always be individuals who are skeptical and may already have made up their mind about how much money class boards should get." College junior Matthew Ingber, who is working with Citron, said the project is another reason the UA should continue supporting the boards. "Out of every organization on campus this year, we've done the most – if you look at what we did, it was amazing," he said. "I don't know what [the UA thinks] I just know that we deserve it." On a personal note, Hamalian said regardless of whether or not continued funding for class boards is approved, he welcomes the efforts of people like Citron. "After being at this school for two and a half years I've found myself disappointed in how close I am with the rest of my class," he said. "The idea of having students work on increasing that spirit and bringing classes together before graduation day has always appealed to me."