A student was robbed at 38th and Sansom streets Monday night, University Police Sergeant Larry Salotti said yesterday. The student, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said he was walking home at 8:15 p.m. Monday night when a man came up from behind him and pointed what he said felt like a gun to his head. "He pulled me behind a building and said to me, 'I'm not going to kill you, I just want your cash,' " the student said. "I pulled out my wallet, got my cash out and dropped it right there." The student said the robber then took him back to the street, pointed him to 38th Street and instructed him to run. "I did run," he said. "I hauled ass. I dropped everything and I took off." The student said the incident happened so quickly that he did not have time to be scared. "I remembered what I learned about being mugged when I came to Penn," he said, "so I gave him what he wanted." The student ran home and called University Police. Salotti said officers checked the area and did not find anyone meeting the description provided by the student. University Police were able to recover the student's bag, but his wallet and its contents were not found in the area. The student said the police gave him safety tips to avoid future problems. "I'm happy to be alive," the student said. "I am a lot more aware and I am a lot more safety conscious. I am going to take the safe route home from now on, instead of the shortcut." Salotti described the robber as five feet eleven inches and about 30 years old. The man had a dark complexion and was wearing a dark jacket at the time. In an unrelated incident, a fight between two Faculty Club employees led to one employee assaulting the other, Salotti said. Salotti said the complainant was not injured in the attack and added that the other employee was not arrested. He said that the employee was advised of his options for filing a private criminal complaint. The case has been turned over to labor relations and the Faculty Club staff, Salotti said.