Representatives of the University's next sorority introduced themselves and their organization to the University last night in Houston Hall. Pi Beta Phi sorority, which will become the University's ninth member of the PanHellenic Council, stressed its strong support nationally and its focus on sisterhood during an hour-long presentation. The presentation in Bodek Lounge included a slide show and question-and-answer session and capped off the sorority's three-day long visit to campus, which featured display tables and a constant flow of prospective members into the room. "The representatives have been very impressive," Anne McGowan, chairperson of the PanHel expansion committee said. Pi Phi is one of the largest PanHel sororities nationally, boasting 129 chapters as well as the one colonizing at the University in the fall. They have chapters on several other Ivy League campuses, including Cornell University and Princeton University. Kim Barker, a resident graduate consultant for Pi Phi at Marquette University in Wisconsin, told the group they could shape the process the Pi Phi colony would undertake. "You can shape [the new chapter] from the ground up and make it what you want it to be," she said to the audience of about 150 women, a mix of prospective Pi Phis and members of other PanHel houses showing their support. Barker added the chapter is looking for "go-getters," and that "diversity is key." McGowan said the new sorority is being welcomed with open arms. "During rush, it became apparent that there is a demand for more houses on this campus," the College senior said. "Every chapter had a say in this, and the chapters overwhelmingly wanted a new sorority." Jane Russell, Pi Phi's national expansion director, said in her speech that the University's PanHel is eager to have the sorority come to campus. Pi Phi will be conducting a colony rush in the fall and will join the other eight PanHel houses in regular rush in the spring. Pi Phi's representitives said they will not, however, have a house next year. Carolyn Lesh, Pi Phi's national vice-president for membership, said that finding a chapter house is a priority. "[We will] try very hard to get a house," she said. Tricia Phaup, director of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs, said she was pleased with the turnout. PanHel President Debra Frank said that she is happy to welcome the new sorority to the University community. "I am very excited to extend to Pi Phi a warm welcome on behalf of the entire system," she said.