After reading the article, "Two Males Rob Student on Walk" (DP 2/20/92), I finally realized that this campus is truly a dangerous place. I don't think that the article would have made such a tremendous impact, had I not been standing in front of the Palladium just moments before the incident occurred. The article made me understand that the student who was accosted could have very easily been me! Ever since I arrived here as a freshman, I have taken comfort in the thought that no matter how dangerous the city may be, I can always walk up Locust Walk by myself and not have to worry. Now, however, it is clear that this is untrue. But while one student is saying that he expects this kind of atrocity, I feel that we should expect it not to happen. Granted , if you travel into the heart of the city, you're bound to see crime, but these things should not be occurring on a private university campus. We give the University enough money that they should be able to ensure a strong, alert police force. Instead, the University spends our money on other things of which we are unaware, or do not deem important. For instance, when you were applying to college, did you regard the quality of the pavement on the walkways? Were you especially concerned that your professors would not have enough money for research? These were not deciding factors when I chose my school; however, safety was. Another student pointed out that maybe this incident will prompt University Police to be more active. Perhaps, we'll spy them more often, and maybe, when we do, they won't be gossiping with their buddies over a cup of WaWa coffee. Or maybe the university should simply put more money towards increasing the police force on the walk. At least, if we don't have quality, we'll have quantity. I'm positive that, with a little effort, the University could come up with ways to improve the security on Locust Walk. Instead, they waste their time and our money reconstructing the actual Walk itself! JENIFER KRAMER Wharton '94