The newly recolonized Delta Tau Delta fraternity attracted 80 interested students to its first spring rush yesterday, attempting to add to the small chapter that reformed last fall. The 49 Delt members welcomed the prospective members in the rooftop lounge of High Rise South for pizza, soda and conversation in the early afternoon. "The Delts are a brand-new fraternity, and we have the opportunity to start something completely new," said Jeffrey Skolnik, who is rushing the house. "I feel comfortable with the guys," the College freshman added. According to College junior Rick Greenberg, the Delts are "basically hoping to expand the roster by [around 20 to 25 people, adding] a group of pledges who will contribute to the house." Greenberg, who was appointed colony chairperson by the national consultants involved in refounding of the chapter, said the Delts have a house for next year, but would not reveal its location. One of the most frequently asked questions by the rushes yesterday was Delt's policy regarding alcohol and parties. Rush chairperson Amir Gold said the fraternity's parties would serve alcohol, but not through the BYOB policy common at the University's fraternities. Instead, they will be providing alcohol through outside vendors. The Wharton sophomore also said that the house is "trying to attract diversity, a lot of different people." College junior Gregg Donshik was another rush enjoying the event yesterday. "A few of my friends are in the fraternity, and I thought I'd come by and check it out," he said. Donshik, who is older than the average rush, added that it wasn't awkward at all. "I love it," he said. The room was overwhelmingly enthusiastic, filled mostly with people who went through regular rush in the fall but did not join a house. Jeffrey Lowe, Delt's InterFraternity Council representative, said "We're looking for people who want to make a difference on this campus. Because we don't have a reputation yet, there's no stereotype for people to place on us." "We're looking for campus leaders," the College freshman added. "I love this place, I love the guys, and I love what Delt stands for," said Jon Cho, a College sophomore. "Delt stands for diversity and having fun with a great bunch of guys. Greenberg said that they were expecting close to 200 people at yesterday's event, but that he was not really disappointed by the turnout. Greenberg added that they expect higher attendance at Wings Night on Thursday. He said that the length of rush, which cannot exceed the IFC maximum of five weeks, will depend on how long it takes for the Delts to find the people they're looking for. "How long [rush] runs is completely up in the air," Greenberg said.