A study to determine whether or not to convert the building at 3609-11 Locust Walk into residences as suggested by the Committee to Diversify Locust Walk is nearly complete, administrators said yesterday. Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson commissioned the study last semester to assess the cost and feasibilty of revamping the building, which currently houses the University Counseling Service, the Management and Technology department and the Tutoring Center. "This [study] is the first in what I expect will be a list of steps over time [toward implementation of the Locust Walk report]," said Morrisson, who co-chaired the Walk committee. Morrisson said the architectural firm of Venturi Scott Brown was asked to look at three options for the building. She said the University could renovate the current structure, maintain the current facade but build an addition to increase the number of bed spaces or tear down the structure and rebuild. But Morrisson added that administrators do not yet know if they will change the building. However, she said if making the building into a residence proves feasible, it will be occupied by fall 1993. The study will assist Morrisson in deciding what should be done with the building. "We will evaluate it together with the Provost [Michael Aiken] and the President [Sheldon Hackney] and figure out what is the best solution and how we would pay for it," she said. In its 54-page report, the Committee to Diversify Locust Walk suggested converting the 3609-11 Locust Walk building as one of three physical changes which can be accomplished by 1993. The other short-term suggestions of the committee include revamping the University Police Department building at 3914 Locust Walk and the building which houses WXPN at 3905 Spruce Street.