While the University and the city grapple with a new recycling program, a group of students is hoping to come up with its own solutions this weekend. Using a 70 foot by 30 foot world map, over 100 students will participate in a role playing game called "Environmental Game," in which players will try to navigate various developmental and resource issues, while preserving the environment. The game was created by the World Game Insitute several years ago to deal with political and social problems. However, according to Institute Workshop Coordinator Walt Tunnessen, the game this weekend will be the first one organized by the Insitute to look specifically at environmental problems. Normally, the Institute charges $3500 to run the workshop, but organizers of the event said this weekend that the Insitute is presenting the simulation free because of the experimental aspect of it. Students, however, will be charged to cover advertising costs. Tunnessen said that the environmental version of the game was developed because of a growing need to address the environment. "Environmental problems are a big crisis right now," he said earlier this week. "There's also a demand for it. People right now are interested in the environment." "You can talk all you want about saving the environment, but what most people don't know is how to go out and do it," he added. Organizers of the event said that both participants and the Institute can learn valuable information about the environment. PERG President Colin Yost, a College junior, said he hopes that players will realize "that environmental problems aren't insurmountable, and that there are enough resources to go around." Tickets are $2 at the gate, $1 if purchased in advance on Locust Walk. The game will be held from noon to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at Vance Hall.