is-stat-so-dominant
Credit: Julia Schorr

In this week's edition of Is Stat So?, Penn men's squash continued its hot start, wrestling saw production from several freshmen, and school records were broken by athletes on track and field. 

Total number of program records set by Penn track and field at the TCNJ Opener on Saturday. Senior thrower Rachel Lee Wilson, junior thrower Maura Kimmel, and junior pole vaulter Sean Clarke each extended their school records.

Individual event wins by senior swimmer Mark Andrew at the Tennessee Invitational. Andrew paced Penn men's swimming to a second-place team finish with his victories in the 200 and 400-yard individual medleys.

Number of freshmen out of 10 total starters for Penn wrestling's opening meet against Rider on Thursday. Two of them, Grant Aronoff and Anthony Artalona, recorded pins in the team's narrow 20-18 loss.

Number of team points scored by wrestling in the team's dual meet victory against Maryland on Sunday night, the largest team total since a 31-16 win against Franklin & Marshall last January.

Consecutive wins to open the season by men's squash after its victories over No. 5 Rochester and No. 4 St. Lawrence this weekend. All of the team's wins have come over top-20 ranked teams.