GettyImages-914309158 (1)

Rob Carr/Getty Images

After several student petitions and campus outcry, Penn decided to suspend normal University operations on Thursday for the city-wide parade to celebrate the Eagles victory in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

For Penn students who no longer have to worry about attending class, they can now join the anticipated three million people who will flock to Center City to celebrate Philadelphia's historic celebration of the Eagles' victory. 

Before trekking down to the parade, here is what you need to know for Thursday: 

ROUTE

Starting off at Lincoln Financial Field stadium at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue, the parade spans five miles across the city, traveling north until it reaches Benjamin Franklin Parkway. From there, it will continue until it reaches the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which will be closed for the parade.

PROGRAM

While the parade itself is expected to start at 11 a.m., it is recommended that everyone try to arrive as early as possible to get a good view of the parade.

At the end of the parade route, a formal program will take place on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The festivities at the historic museum will begin around 1 p.m.

Video screens will be set up across the parade route. However, the program can also be viewed live on the Philadelphia Eagles website, app, or social media. 

NBC estimates that the entire event will end around 3 p.m. 

"All of our fans, the spectators, will be on the sidewalks, hanging out windows of office buildings, we suspect," said Executive Director Fred Stein of The Creative Group, which is organizing the parade Thursday, Philly Voice reported. "There's a couple of surprises along the parade route. They will be very visual."

TRANSPORTATION 

It will be nearly impossible to catch a cab or an Uber the morning of the parade. Even those relying on public transportation should expect to wait in a long line to get on a train.

Independence Blue Cross is partnering with SEPTA to offer free SEPTA rides on the Market-Frankford and Broad Street lines on the day of the parade. 

The closest stop to campus would either be the 34th or 40th street stops on Market Street on the Market-Frankford Line.

All trolley route 10, 11, 13, 34, 36 stations except for 15th Street will be closed for the entire day. All trolley route 101 and 102 stations will be open. 

All Norristown High Speed Line stations will be open. 

REST STOPS AND FREE FOOD

There are several places on the route that will be offering free food. While the details have yet to be announced, Bud Light has promised to distribute free beer to everyone of legal drinking age on the parade route.

A leaked list of bars that will be distributing free beer was circulated on reddit.

Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia's oldest brewery, will also be giving out its own free beer starting at 11:30 a.m. The newly opened taproom is located at 500 Spring Garden St.

Shake Shack will be giving out free scoops of custard all day on Thursday at its Center City, University City, and King of Prussia locations.

The Philadelphia Fire Department will have medical tents posted in case of emergency. The perimeter of the parade will be secured as well and law enforcement will have a "strong presence" throughout the event, Philly Voice reported.

The medical tents will be located at 24th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway and 21st Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

There will also be an estimated 40 food trucks along the route, as well as 850 portable toilets provided by the city.

Outside of the parade's perimeter, many restaurants have announced special deals in honor of the Eagles win as well.

WHAT TO WEAR 

Wednesday's icy showers may leave ice on the ground early Thursday. Additionally, while the forecast for Thursday shows clear skies, strong winds will require some heavy bundling up for those attending the parade.

For fans looking to follow the parade route, it would be smart to wear comfortable shoes or sneakers since the walk extends approximately five miles.