30373416281_332a5a52be_o
Photo by Gage Skidmore // CC BY-SA 2.0

Former first lady Michelle Obama told a crowd of thousands of people that her years in the White House were like "being shot out of a cannon" in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women last week.

Obama was the keynote speaker at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Center City on Oct. 3 in an hour-long conversation moderated by screenwriter and television producer Shonda Rhimes, Philly.com reported. The pair discussed a variety of topics, from career advice for women, to Obama’s post-White House life. 

Their conversation was also punctuated midway by a video message from former President Barack Obama commemorating the couple's 25th year wedding anniversary.

"Not only have you been an extraordinary partner, not only have you been a great friend, somebody who could always make me laugh, somebody who would always make sure that I was following what I thought was right, but you have also been an example to our daughters and to the entire country,” he said to his wife in the video.

The Pennsylvania Conference for Women marked Obama's first visit to Philadelphia since the 2016 presidential campaign.

Obama also referenced the Oct. 1 Las Vegas shootings in the discussion. “My heart goes out to the victims and the families," she said to Philly.com.

Last year, Wharton professor Adam Grant gave the opening keynote address for the conference. 

Throughout the conversation, the former first lady did not address President Donald Trump by name, but said the current White House is "amazing to watch."

“They grew up only under hope and possibility and options and opportunity and creating more space … I think they will feel some of what's happening now as intrinsically not what they were taught,” she said, CNN reported.

Other speakers at the event included Morgan Stanley executive Carla Harris, Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf.