54138_alecneumanno

On Friday, Penn Athletics announced changes to Penn men's soccer's schedule following the cancellation of the rest of Harvard's season.

Credit: Peter Ribeiro , Peter Ribeiro

Following Thursday's announcement that Harvard would be canceling the rest of its men's soccer season, Penn Athletics has announced what implications the move would have on its schedule.

Instead of next weekend's season finale being at Harvard, Penn and Columbia will play an additional midweek game on a date to be named later. This will offset the fact that both Penn and Columbia were set to play the Crimson in the final two matches of the season.

The match will be played at Princeton, allowing for it to occur at a neutral site between both schools. Although the Harvard match was set to serve as the Quakers' Senior Day, it is unclear whether the Red and Blue will put on any celebration for their three seniors at the game.

Harvard Athletics made the decision to cancel the remaining two games of the season after revelations that the team had maintained a practice of creating sexually explicit "scouting reports" of incoming freshmen on the women's team since 2012.

The Crimson, who had been atop the Ivy League heading into this weekend, are no longer eligible for an Ivy title or All-Ivy status.

Penn and Columbia have already played this season, with the Lions winning at Rhodes Field, 2-1, on a penalty kick with 14 seconds left in double overtime. 

Right now, Columbia and Dartmouth are tied for first place in the Ivy League with 10 points in conference play — the Quakers stand just a point back with 9. This means that the second matchup with the Lions could well have Ivy title implications.