trump

Wharton professor Eric Schoenberg paid the Democratic National Committee over $100,000 this year, which included $75,000 to help pay costs of the convention

Credit: Carson Kahoe

Donald Trump’s daughter Tiffany made a rare public appearance at the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, just hours after her father won the party’s nomination for president. 

The 2016 College graduate spoke about her personal relationship with her famous father, who graduated from Penn 48 years before.

“My dad is a natural-born encourager,” she said. “I always look forward to introducing him to my friends.”

Born to Trump and his second wife, actress Marla Maples, Tiffany Ariana Trump grew up in Southern California after her parents divorced in 1999. While less well-known than other members of the family, she has assumed an increasingly public role in her father’s presidential campaign. Last year, she joined her half-siblings Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric for an interview with Barbara Walter.

And less than two months after her Penn graduation, she walked across a different stage — this time as the first of Donald Trump’s children to address the RNC.

“My father takes pride in all that I’ve done so far,” the youngest Trump daughter said.

She added that she is “very confident in the good man that America’s come to know” and praised her father’s personable demeanor and little-known warm side. Despite her parents’ divorce, for example, Trump maintains an interest in the well-being of her mother’s family in Georgia.

She also emphasized his strong work ethic and ability to take a challenge head-on. These traits, she said, have been “contagious” to those close to him, including his children.

“He draws out the talent and drive in people,” she said.

Tiffany Trump is the third of Donald Trump’s five children to graduate from Penn. Donald Jr. and Ivanka earned undergraduate degrees from Wharton in 2000 and 2004, respectively.

The youngest Trump daughter is the second member of the family to speak at this year’s RNC, which has simultaneously served as a public feature of the Republican nominee’s family. Donald Trump's current wife, Melania Trump, spoke Monday night. Donald Jr. immediately followed Tiffany, and Ivanka and Eric were scheduled to speak later Tuesday evening.