Yale University has reevaluated how the school responds to student leaves of absence in light of student Luchang Wang’s suicide last year.

In the wake of the tragedy, Yale made many policy changes that were projected to be clearer for students and to be in effect for the spring 2016 semester. Guideline change highlights included removal of the readmission application fee, a single streamlined application, a clearer website highlighting the policy, more time for students to submit the application and a quicker turnaround for the university’s ultimate decision about whether the student would be allowed to take time off.

Yale also chose to rename the process “reinstatement” instead of “readmission” to clarify to the students that taking a leave does not mean leaving Yale forever.

So far, responses to the new policy have been mixed. Some people appreciate the more open lines of communication Yale is trying to maintain with students who take a leave. However, the policy faces criticism from those who feel that the school should do away with the requirement that each student needs to complete two credits before being allowed to come back to campus.

According to The Yale Daily News, while Yale’s new leave-of-absence policy has met mixed reviews, most Yale students can agree that it is a good start in the long journey the university needs to endure to combat reinstatement issues.