03272013_specdoescomedy356
SPEC Does Comedy: Vanessa Bayer, Kate McKinnon, Nick Vatterott Credit: Meredith Stern , Meredith Stern

This year, Penn plays host to distinguished guests known for their work in everything from comedy to politics to finance. See below for a run-down of who will be here and when.

Vanessa Bayer, Sept. 19

This weekend, Saturday Night Live favorite and Trainwreck star Vanessa Bayer will attend LaughtHERfest, Bloomers’ first-ever female comedy festival. Bayer, who graduated from the College in 2004, will participate in an 11 a.m. panel and an 8 p.m. performance series.

Steve Case, Sept. 29

Steve Case, the founder of AOL, will be stopping at Penn on his Rise of the Rest tour to promote entrepreneurship and innovation. Case will participate in the Innovation Showcase at the Singh Center for Nanotechnology, which will also feature faculty leaders and student start-ups, as well as a robot demonstration from Penn Engineering’s GRASP laboratory.

Peter Canellos, Sept. 29

Politico Executive Editor and 1984 College graduate Peter Canellos will attend an event jointly hosted by Vyrtex, The Daily Pennsylvanian and Penn Political Coalition. He will discuss changes in political coverage over the years, how Politico is covering the 2016 election and how successful media has been in covering this year’s cycle.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sept. 30

Penn will host Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the former finance minister of Nigeria and a former managing director at the World Bank, on Sept. 30. Okonjo-Iweala will host Penn Law School's 2015 Holt Lecture, “Licit and Illicit Financial Flows from Developing Countries; Are Lawyers Heroes or Villains?”.

Joachim Gauck, Oct. 5 - 7

Joachim Gauck, president of Germany, will visit Penn as part of his state visit to the United States that will last from Oct. 5 to 7.

Matthew Weiner, Apr. 25-26

Already planned for spring 2016, the Kelly Writers House will host Mad Men creator, writer and producer Matthew Weiner as one of its spring fellows. Weiner will be on campus for two days, and his visit will include a reading, a brunch and a one-hour public conversation.