penn_law

Looking to become a lawyer, you know, going to law school? Penn is the No. 1 place for that, according to the American Bar Association.

The ABA reported that Penn Law is the top school for placing graduates in long-term jobs that require passing the bar. While 71.1 percent of law graduates in the Class of 2014 were in full-time, long-term jobs that required passing the bar or where a J.D. was preferred, 97.8 percent of Penn grads from the same class were employed in those kind of jobs. 

Only one member of the 278 person Penn Law Class of 2014 was unemployed while three others were pursuing another graduate degree full time. Of the remaining 274, 272 had found full-time, long-term positions while the other two had found a full-time, short-term and part-time, long-term position, respectively.

The state that employed the most Penn Law 2014 grads was New York, with 123 graduates working there. 37 found employment in Pennsylvania and 31 are in jobs in the District of Columbia. 

The 97.8 percent of Penn grads employed in full-time, long-term jobs that required the passage of the bar or where a J.D was preferred was an increase of the Class of 2013, which only had 96.5 percent in those types of jobs.

For the top 10 law schools in terms of employment and a reason why Yale, the No. 1 school in the U.S. Today and World Reports list of top law schools, didn't make this list, check out Bloomberg.