police

The Division of Public Safety issued a UPennAlert Tuesday morning informing the community of a series of power outages. | DP File Photo

Public Drunkenness:

Nov. 21: An unaffiliated 45-year-old man was cited for public drunkenness on the 4000 block of Walnut Street at 6:13 p.m. The suspect was visibly intoxicated and caused a disturbance by yelling loudly, causing a crowd to gather.

Nov. 22: An unaffiliated 51-year-old man was cited for public drunkenness on the 200 block of S. 40th Street at 10:23 p.m. The suspect was visibly intoxicated, with bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol. He caused a disturbance by yelling loudly and causing a crowd to gather.

DUI:

Nov. 21: An unaffiliated 19-year-old man was arrested for a DUI at the intersection of 38th and Walnut streets at 11:49 p.m. The suspect was stopped for a traffic violation, and the police smelled a strong odor of alcohol and marijuana from the suspect. The suspect had difficulty keeping balance and following directions.

Burglary:

Nov. 22: An affiliated 25-year-old woman reported at the Webster House (4224 Osage Ave.) at 12:30 p.m. that the door to her apartment was found open and multiple personal items were missing. There was no sign of forced entry.

Nov. 25: An unaffiliated 22-year-old female reported at 411 S. 42nd St. at 5:42 p.m. that the front door to her apartment was open and the lock was damaged. Several of her personal items were missing.

Sex Offense:

Nov. 23: A confidential indecent assault was reported on the 3900 block of Baltimore Avenue.

Assault:

Nov. 24: An unaffiliated female reported at Atlantis (3813 Chestnut St.) at 4:15 p.m. that an offender threw a glass of water on her and then used a taser on her.

Vandalism:

Nov. 24: A complaint reported at 4101 Sansom St. at 5:30 p.m. that there was spray paint on the property.

Arrests from Theft:

Nov. 23: An unaffiliated 44-year-old woman was arrested for two retail thefts. One theft was from the Penn Bookstore and the other was from American Apparel.

Thefts:

Thefts from buildings: 5

Retail thefts: 4

Bike thefts: 2

Other thefts: 2

Theft From Building:

Nov. 21: A theft was reported from 210 S. 40th St.

Nov. 21: A theft was reported from 219 S. 33rd St.

Nov. 23: A theft was reported from 3400 Spruce St.

Nov. 24: A theft was reported from 4045 Baltimore Ave.

Nov. 24: A theft was reported from 215 S. 39th St.

Retail Theft:

Nov. 24: A theft was reported from the Eastern Mountain Sports store at 3401 Chestnut St.

Nov. 25: A theft was reported from the AT&T store at 3741 Walnut St.

Bike Theft:

Nov. 24: A bike theft was reported from 4229 Osage Ave.

Nov. 24: A bike theft was reported from 3925 Walnut St.

Other Theft:

Nov. 21: A theft was reported from 3333 Walnut St.

Nov. 24: A theft was reported from 3909 Spruce St.