Crime Log: May 30 - June 3

This week's crimes include assault, fraud and burglary. ?

Assault:

May 30, 2014: A 20-year-old affiliated male was arrested in connection with a fight to which police responded at 2:00 a.m. on the 100 block of S. 39th Street. The suspect fled the scene before returning and charging at an officer, punching him in the face and causing further injuries.

Other Assault:

May 30, 2014: A 43-year-old affiliated male reported to police at 9:30 a.m. that a known male made veiled threats.

DUI:

May 31, 2014: An unaffiliated 25-year-old male was arrested at 3:15 p.m. on the 100 block of S. 38th Street when he was found to be asleep at the wheel of his car in a moving lane of traffic. The suspect was observed to have bloodshot eyes and slurred speech.

Disorderly Conduct:

May 31, 2014: An unaffiliated 22-year-old male was arrested at 1:45 a.m. on the 3800 block of Chestnut Street in connection with a cab dispute. Police noted that the suspect became belligerent and yelled when they arrived on the scene.

Fraud:

June 1, 2014: An affiliated 20-year-old male reported unauthorized charges on his bank card at 5:00 p.m.

June 2, 2014: An affiliated 45-year-old male at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, 3400 Civic Center Blvd. reported an attempt was made to fill unauthorized prescriptions.

June 4, 2014: An unaffiliated male reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that a suspect attempted to pay for his order with fake currency at Jimmy Johns, 3925 Walnut St.

Burglary:

June 1, 2014: An unaffiliated female reported at 10:00 a.m. that a stained glass light fixture and a window were taken from a property on the 4000 block of Spruce Street.

Other Offense:

June 3, 2014: An unaffiliated 33-year-old male was cited for trespass at 3:45 p.m. at Houston Hall after being advised not to enter earlier the same day.

Harassment:

June 5, 2014: A suspect allegedly made harassing comments about an employee of Presbyterian Hospital at 8:00 a.m.

Theft:

Theft from vehicle: 1

Theft from building: 10

Bike theft: 4

Retail theft: 4

Other Theft: 1

Arrests from theft:

May 30, 2014: An unaffiliated 21-year-old male was arrested in connection with a bike theft.

June 3, 2014: An unaffiliated 29-year-old female was arrested in connection with a retail theft at the Fresh Grocer.

Get news delivered to your inbox every day. Sign up for the DP Email Edition.

Discussion