03222014_baseballvslafayet_copy
Baseball victory against Lafayette, final score 3-0. Connor Cuff pitching. Credit: Michele Ozer , Michele Ozer

It looks like Penn baseball will have to wait a bit longer to settle the score with Lafayette.

Though the Quakers were originally scheduled to play the Leopards for the fifth time in four days tomorrow, that game has been postponed to April 1 due to predicted inclement weather in the region.

Additionally, Penn has also announced a makeup date for its contest against Villanova, which was originally scheduled for March 19 but was postponed on account of rain. The Quakers will travel to take on the Wildcats this Thursday, with first pitch scheduled for 3:15 PM.

The Red and Blue’s April 1 matchup against the Leopards will be the opening round of the annual Philadelphia Liberty Bell Classic, which pits eight local schools against each other for the right to compete for the title at Citizens Bank Park. The Quakers have never won the title, but reached the finals in 2012 before falling to St. Joe’s.

If Penn’s recent performance against Lafayette is any indication, a return trip to the tournament semifinals could be in order.

Last weekend, the Quakers took three out of four games in a pair of doubleheaders split between the two schools’ stadiums, and would have earned a sweep if not for a walk-off single by the Leopards’ Campbell Lipe in extra innings of Sunday’s first game.

Penn racked up 22 runs in its three victories and received a complete-game shutout from junior starting pitcher Connor Cuff in Saturday’s opener. He struck out four in the Quakers’ 3-0 win.

A repeat performance, though, is on hold.