6003392407_7b29952138_bbw

Ashton Kutcher, who was scheduled to speak at the Wharton School Wednesday, postponed his appearance.

Ashton Kutcher, who was scheduled to speak at the Wharton School this Wednesday as a part of the Lauren and Bobby Turner Social Impact Executive Speaker Series, has cancelled his appearance Wednesday, according to an email sent out Monday night.

“It is with great disappointment that we share the news that, due to unforeseen circumstances, Mr. Kutcher will not be able to join us as scheduled this Wednesday (9/18). He has expressed his sincere apologies for having to cancel and we are working with him to find a date to reschedule his visit to Penn in the next few weeks,” the email said.

Related: Ashton Kutcher to appear at Wharton Speaker Series

According to Metro Philadelphia, Kutcher cancelled his appearance because he had to attend Kabbalah Chief Rabbi Berg’s funeral in Israel.

The event was very popular with students with registration being closed on the same day it first opened due to an “overwhelming interest.”

Kutcher is a popular actor who has starred in movies like “The Butterfly Effect,” and “What Happens in Vegas.”

Last year, the same speaker series hosted actress Eva Longoria and rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges.