crime_final_copy

Naderol is now officially “The Drink of the Quakers.”

In a statement released yesterday morning, Vice President for University Communications Stephen MacCarthy said that Penn has officially endorsed Naderol, a dietary supplement beverage created by a group of three students, one of whom is a sophomore in Wharton.

“We believe that Naderol is a valuable resource for students who are looking to improve their cognitive energy and focus while studying. It is a safe alternative to abusing prescription drugs like Adderall, and we fully endorse this product,” the statement reads.

Naderol was created to be a natural alternative to Adderall which enhances memory and focus. It is composed of entirely natural ingredients and is fully compliant with the standards set by the Food and Drug Administration.

Julie Lyzinski Nettleton, director of the Office of Alcohol and Other Drug Program Initiatives, said in an email that her office initially proposed the endorsement of Naderol after witnessing its rapid spread across campus.

“We have been aware that it is not uncommon for Penn students, and many college students in general, to misuse prescription drugs like Adderall to maintain a competitive academic edge. I noticed a number of students drinking Naderol, and after trying it myself, I was confident that an official endorsement would be the best way to get the word out about this safe, legal alternative,” she said.

Engineering junior Addie Naturno said that she tried Naderol as soon as the first shipment arrived at Penn in late February. “At first I was confused because I thought the name meant ‘not Adderall,’ but as soon as I figured out what it actually meant, I was excited to try it, and it really works!” she said.

However, not all students were so receptive of the new product or the administration’s endorsement.

“I don’t like grape-flavored things,” said College freshman Nate Adamson. He said the flavor of Naderol is enough of a deterrent that he prefers to stick with his roommate’s cousin’s Adderall prescription for now.

In light of the new endorsement, Naderol has changed their slogan to read “The Drink of the Quakers” instead of the previous version, “The Natural Focus Enhancer.”

An updated bottle design will also be released within the next few weeks, with new crimson and navy lettering and the Penn crest replacing the “o” in “Naderol.” The underside of each bottle cap will also feature a fun fact about Benjamin Franklin, according to a press release from Naderol.

Dean of Admissions Eric Furda said that word of Penn’s love of Naderol has even spread across the country. “Someone must have posted about it on College Prowler or another similar website, because the admissions office has been flooded with gifts of cases of Naderol from prospective students,” he said.

“Too bad we didn’t have all of this Naderol last semester,” he added. “It would’ve made those early decision applications a lot easier to get through.”

__This article appeared in the Daily Pennsylvanian’s Joke Issue 2013. For more information, click here