With over 20 players set to be on the Penn men’s basketball team’s roster next season, the Quakers could certainly use all the coaching they can find.

A fourth name was added to the Red and Blue staff when Penn Athletics announced yesterday the addition of Rudy Wise as an assistant coach, joining head coach Jerome Allen and assistants Mike Martin and Dan Leibovitz.

“It is a privilege for us to have Rudy Wise on staff,” Allen said in a statement. “He has been successful in a number of walks of life, including basketball. I look forward to having him on the bench with me, and I think he will have a positive impact on our program going forward.”

Wise has worked a number of small jobs in the Philly basketball scene, including stints at Villanova and Temple (he ran a summer camp and workouts at Temple last summer).

In the summer of 2007, he servedas the head coach at the Forenex Espana Summer Sports Clinic in Palma, Mallorca.

“I am extremely humbled and excited to be a part of this storied program,” Wise said in a statement. “I look forward to working with Coach Allen and complementing his vision to push this program to new heights.”

Vince Curran, who took Allen's spot on the coaching staff during Allen's interim period, will return to his previous role calling games in the radio booth.

Check next week's issue of the Summer Pennsylvanian for more on this story.