A second rape was reported on campus over the weekend, Division of Public Safety officials said yesterday.

A female Penn student reported that she had been raped in a residence on the 200 block of S. 39th Street at about 2 a.m. Sunday, Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said. The incident was reported Sunday afternoon.

The offender is a male student who knows the victim. Rush said police have spoken to both students and the complainant does not want to press charges.

Rush said the case is unrelated to another incident in which a female Penn student said she was raped at a fraternity house on the 3500 block of Locust Walk early Saturday morning.

It does not appear to be a random attack committed by an offender thought to be a threat to the community at large.

No arrests have been made in the first rape case, but Philadelphia Police Detective Linda Blowes said Monday that police have “at least two leads” on the suspect’s identity.

Though neither Blowes nor Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Director Scott Reikofski would identify the fraternity that was involved in the incident, Blowes said that the fraternity’s members are being “very cooperative” with the investigation. The only fraternity located on the 3500 block of Locust Walk is Phi Kappa Sigma, commonly known as Skulls.

The president of the fraternity did not return an e-mail for comment.